Rooted in the principle that our environment, health, and well-being are interdependent, Residents Forward is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that imagines and advances the critical projects that make the Port Washington peninsula beautiful, sustainable, and resilient.
We are proud of the work we, along with local government and community, have achieved, including:
- Long Island’s most comprehensive groundwater sustainability study;
- The creation of “green” education for students from elementary through high school, including the groundbreaking Port Washington Youth Climate Summit;
- Clean-up programs run regularly to keep our water and streets litter-free;
- Visioning our Waterfront, including the expansion of shoreline trails;
- New parks, gardens, and trees in town;
- The Mural Project features artwork by local artists depicting the things that make our community special.